The church scheme is designed to insure the normal ecclesiastical and social activities of the church, so the usual activities of church organisations such as Sunday School, Youth Club, Guilds and annual coffee mornings are generally acceptable and deemed to be incorporated within the policy cover.
Cover has also been extended to include ‘Fundraising Events, Activities and Exhibitions’ organised by you in respect of the business of the church. Certain types of fundraising events, activities and exhibitions however are NOT COVERED and they should be referred to us before going ahead.
Indemnity is NOT PROVIDED in respect of Fundraising Events, Activities and Exhibitions in the following circumstances:
- Where combined numbers of entrants and spectators on site exceed 1000 at any one time
- Taking place outside England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
- Where the event duration lasts longer than 48 hours
- Organised by a separate third party event organiser/company
- passenger carrying amusement devices
- animal rides of any kind
- ballooning or aerial activities including parachuting, paragliding or parascending
- go-karting, quad biking or motor sports
- bungee jumping
- professional sport teams or persons
- individual Exhibitions valued at over £250,000
Organised trips too, such as sponsored walks, hill-climbs etc. may present additional factors for consideration so please contact us if you are in any doubt.