When a manse is let to a third party the following contingencies do not apply:
- Accidental damage
- Theft by the tenant
In addition if in relation to any claim You have failed to fulfil any of the following Conditions, you will lose your right to indemnity or payment for that claim.
You must ensure that in connection with the letting of premises to Third Parties:
1) The Third Party is supplied with instructions on how to operate any appliances appropriately.
2) You must carry out an internal inspection of the property at the end of each 'let' to ensure all power and heat sources are extinguished and/or switched off.
3) You must ensure that all windows and doors are closed and locked appropriately once the internal inspection is completed.
4) You must ensure you have received all keys to the premises at the end of each let.
5) A record must be maintained of all Third Party Users of the premises including name, contact details and length of stay.
6) A log must be maintained of all inspections carried out.
The inspection of the Premises, records and log must be carried out/maintained by an appointed member of the Church.
An increased excess of £500 also applies in respect of each and every claim whilst the property is let.
If you have any questions or queries regarding the above please don't hesitate to contact us on 0131 220 4119.